Patient Support and Advocacy
- National Cervical Cancer Coalition Helps women, family members, and caregivers battle the personal issues related to cervical cancer and HPV; advocates for cervical health in all women by promoting prevention through education about early vaccination, Pap testing, and HPV testing when recommended.
- Foundation for Women’s Cancer supports research, education, and public awareness of gynecologic cancers.
- Cancer Schmancer Movement Information on cancer and advocacy.
- Cervivor.org Cervivor is a community, a learning tool, an advocacy resource, and an online retreat for healing, connecting and thriving.
- LIVESTRONG Offers cancer information and one-on-one support.
- Hyster Sisters A woman-to-woman support site for hysterectomy information, support and recovery.
- Blog for a Cure The mission of Blog for a Cure is to make life a little bit easier for cancer survivors by providing a free personal web publishing service for them and continuing to develop and upgrade this service to be the best it can be for its users.
- Massive Bio offers a clinical trial matching service for cancer patients.
- Society of Gynecologic Oncology Survivorship Toolkit The Society of Gynecologic Oncology has developed a toolkit with resources for patients, families and survivors to help guide you on next steps after treatment. The tools on this page can be used in conjunction with information provided by a healthcare provider or cancer care team.
- Chemocare.com Provides information on chemotherapy for patients, family members, and caregivers.
- Avera Cancer Institute Navigation Center When you or a loved one receives a cancer diagnosis, the questions, concerns, and side effects of treatment don’t stop after hours or on the weekends. Neither should your cancer care. Call the Avera Cancer Institute Navigation Center to find the answers you need and learn more about how Avera’s expert team can help you navigate the journey of cancer diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship.
- CancerCare offers limited assistance for cancer-related costs as well as referrals to help you find additional resources. Assists with such cost as transportation to and from cancer treatment, home care, child care, and pain medication. Download information online or call 800.813.HOPE (4673).
- The CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation is a not-for-profit organization established in 2007 to address the needs of individuals who cannot afford their insurance co-payments to cover the cost of medications for treating cancer.
- Patient Advocate Foundation’s Patient Services provides patients with arbitration, mediation and negotiation to settle issues with access to care, medical debt, and job retention related to their illness. 800.532.5274.
- The Cancer Financial Assistance Coalition (CFAC) is a coalition of financial assistance organizations joining forces to help cancer patients experience better health and well-being by limiting financial challenges. CFAC provides a searchable database of organizations that provide financial assistance.